In this episode we speak with someone who has inspired Clay and myself to do what we do…rock out a podcast! He is a master of boundaries in life, and how to set them in order to carve out a system for success.
Interview – Cliff Ravenscraft – Podcast Answer Man
Key points from the interview:
- A theme I have noticed from a lot of our guests is that many of them have quit their careers not for more money, but to pursue their passions and to provide more contentment and balance in life. Cliff is in the same boat.
- Which mindset do you have…one of scarcity, or abundance? Are you reacting in a desperate manner, or are you planning, setting goals, and inching closer to success?
- One trait Cliff shares with our previous episode’s guest Todd Henry is the ability to have discipline with time. As Cliff puts it, it’s becoming an expert in saying “no.” Of course, that means saying “no” to good things so that you can say “yes” to things that are extremely great.
- Are you a “jack of all trades?” That’s nice and all…but what you should strive for is to be paid for those trades that bring you the most margin in life, both financially and personally. What is in your business that needs to be eliminated, much like Cliff needed to stop selling equipment.
- Who is your support system? Cliff is lucky enough to have a spouse who is on board…who do you turn to and look for that encouragement to tough out the hard times?
- Cliff’s quote: “What has gotten you to where you are today is not necessarily what is going to take you to where you need to go next.” Are you doing what just gets you to tomorrow, or what will get you to a better future?
- If you have an interest in podcasting to expand your brand and/or to establish yourself as an authority in your line of work, check out Cliff’s website for beginning podcasters.
Mailbag Question – We want to hear from you! Send us your questions!
Hope you enjoyed this episode…see you next time!
— Chris —