Everyone knows the name of Michael Jordan, but fewer may know the name of Dean Smith. College basketball fans would know the name well, as he is hands-down one of the best college coaches of all-time, making the North Carolina Tar Heels the force they are today.
Every athlete needs a coach to guide them, to hone the raw ability that athlete might have. Entrepreneurs are no different, and those who don’t heed advice of those who have gone before them quite simply flame out.
Today’s guest is Jerry Isenhour, and our focus on this episode of Home Contractors HQ is why it’s important to sometimes admit the failure you are having as a home services contractor, and call in a coach to help you along.
Interview – Jerry Isenhour – CVC Coaching, Concord, NC
Key points from the interview:
- Jerry started out on his journey as a small business coach because a mentor spoke into his life. If you don’t have a mentor who can speak into you and shares your vision (or at least supports your vision), stop reading now and focus on that One Thing!
- Feel a bit hurt when Jerry said that if your business is a failure, then you are failure? Who else should take the blame? When you set out on this journey to start your own home contracting business, unfortunately you bought the “buck stops here” position as well. Things may at times be beyond your control, but it’s up to you to fix it.
- Do you have a partner and are steering in different directions? It may be time to get a coach involved to help “heal the marriage.”
- Are you reacting and not acting? Are you patching things up, or addressing the root cause of the issue?
- KNOW YOUR NUMBERS. Know your profit margin on every product or service. Know your customer base. Know your conversion rate for every bit of marketing you have in your business.
- Reach Jerry by email at email@example.com. Contact Jerry for a FREE one hour consultation!
Mailbag Question – We want to hear from you! Send us your questions!
Come back next episode for another lean discussion!
— Chris —