Why not Michael Jordan, you say? Because when I was a middle schooler and when Gibby hit this home run to win Game 1 for the Dodgers, this man was the only #23 I would ever care about. And who better to represent the hard-working home service entrepreneur than one of the toughest grinders baseball has ever seen!
This episode is all about…you guessed it, signs! We sit down with Al Brockman of Brockman Signs located in Cincinnati, OH. Clay and Al share some industry tips and tricks to get your business noticed no matter where you are or what your budget.
Interview – Al Brockman – Brockman Signs
Key points from the interview:
- One of Al’s top rules: put what your primary business is in the biggest lettering. (See in the photo above how he used his own advice? Looks great, right?) Upon first look, the potential customer doesn’t care about what your name is…they care about what you do.
- Don’t be tempted to put too many services…it can get confusing very quickly.
- Your truck or van sign is a billboard, not a brochure. Quick, to-the-point, clear as crystal.
- No sign of any kind on your truck? Then most people will perceive you as not professional. Unfortunately, it’s just how it is.
- Truck wraps are costly, but in most cases not that effective. “That looks cool…but what the hell do they do?”
- If you’re deciding which services to list on your truck, ask yourself which services bring you the most money!
- If all you have is a magnetic sign, make sure to remove them frequently to clean underneath them and to ensure that they do not bond themselves to the truck and cause damage down the line.
Mailbag Question – We want to hear from you! Send us your questions!
Hope you enjoyed this episode…see you next time!
— Chris —