Clay has been working hard being the authority in his field out in the Greater Cincinnati area. We open the show talking about how important it is to reach outside of your truck and your office to reach groups of people who may not have heard about your business. Things like seminars, training sessions and participation in public forums just talking about the business you do everyday can go a long way to adding value to your brand.
A side note…Clay mentioned that he hadn’t finished Todd Henry’s book yet, and I figured out why after the recording…because I stole it from him! Very soon Clay, I’ll get it back in your hands.
Then Clay schooled me with my new vocabulary word…martyoshka!
Interview – Todd Henry, Cincinnati, OH
Key points from the interview:
- One of the most important lessons I’ve learned in life: your calendar reflects your priorities. Those things and people you have committed time to are your true priorities. If nothing is on your calendar for a certain thing or person…they aren’t a priority. Don’t let yourself be fooled otherwise.
- The meat of the discussion: the finite resources you have:
- F: Focus: “Boundaries around your attention.”
- A: Assets: “Physical resources, relational resources.”
- T: Time: “Time is the currency of productivity”
- E: Energy: “Ability to bring yourself fully to what you’re doing.”
- Todd’s secret is being very intentional and careful about using those resources above in balance.
- The discipline he puts into practice is ending his day every day at the same time, so his family knows when to expect him.
- What you say might not line up with what people hear. What are the things that may cause your customer to interpret your message differently?
- What is your compelling why? What are the values of your company? “What separates you from the pack?”
- Check out Todd’s website and book:
Mailbag Question – We want to hear from you! Send us your questions!
Hope you enjoyed this episode…see you next time!
— Chris —