(I couldn’t pick between these two this week…both are legends!)
Back to our normal show format this week with one of our best guests yet!
Interview – Nick May, Walls By Design, Denver, CO
Key points from the interview:
- “Go Gamecocks.”
- Nick will never be the cheapest guy in town…and that’s the way he wants it. Price point is a key consideration when deciding how to position yourself in a market. The least expensive guy is often the least experienced one as well…or at least perceived as such.
- When considering adding to your staff for the first time, consider filling positions/jobs that you don’t want to do, or you aren’t good at. Makes sense, right?
- I loved hearing the strategy he used to hire off of Craigslist…
- Ask Nick a year ago about networking, and he would sing its praises. Ask him now about networking…not that it’s useless or anything, but he has realized it is not a part of his growth strategy any longer.
- A growing business is built on systems…(be still my heart, says the quality guy!)
- The three books he recommends for starters:
Mailbag Question – We want to hear from you! Send us your questions!
Hope you enjoyed this episode…see you next time!
— Chris —